Monica Fischetti Palmieri Williams
Born and raised in Rome she grew up in Cinecitta’ films studios were her father Massimo Palmieri, was the set builder for “Cleopatra”, “Ben hur”, “The Agony and Ecstasy”, Fellini’s “Casanova”, “Barbarella“.
Her love for films naturally led her in the career of editing. After working for RAI television, National Italian TV editing documentaries for several years, she moved to the United States and worked for PBS as series editor of “Colores!” (National Emmy winner for “Best Series Cultural Affairs”) and many other programs.
For PBS She wrote and directed “Building Harmonies, Frank Lloyd Wright in the Southwest" that was recognized by her peers with 2 Emmy’s nominations for “Best Writing and Best Documentary".
- Recipient of the CASE AWARD (Council for Advancement and Support of Education)
- Special mention as Director in the Los Angeles Italian Film Awards in Hollywood.
- Served as judge for the Hollywood Post Alliance Awards for Best Editing.
- Member of the National Academy of Television and Science.
- Member of SMPTE Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers